4. Legal information does not constitute legal advice. General legal information is not specific legal advice. The difference between legal information and legal advice is that legal information by itself 1) does not suggest a specific course of action a particular person should take; 2) is thus often insufficient to resolve specific legal problems a particular person has. Website visitors often need specific legal advice that applies to their personal facts and circumstances.
5. Website users may believe that a consultation with a lawyer is the equivalent of receiving specific legal advice, but it is not. While we hope this Web site is helpful and informative, it should not be considered a substitute for legal advice. Advice can only be given when you retain the services of an attorney, as a client of that attorney, by paying the attorney a retainer fee and signing a representation agreement. To apply to become a client of Utah Family Law, LC, please click here.
6. Visiting this website does not create an Attorney-Client relationship. While we hope this Web site is helpful and informative, it should not be considered a substitute for legal advice. Advice can only be given when you retain the services of an attorney, as a client of that attorney.
7. This site is an advertisement. This site is intended to provide you with information about Utah Family Law, LC and its practice. Use of the Website, however, does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any decision with respect to legal services is important and should not be based solely upon this, or any other, advertisement. Material provided herein is for informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice. We make no guarantee that all material on this site is complete or current, so nothing herein should be relied upon without consulting with an attorney to insure that it is applicable to any particular situation.
8. Contact by e-mail, instant message, or other written forms of communication do not create an Attorney-Client relationship. The transmission and receipt of information on this website does not form or constitute an attorney-client relationship.
Until a retainer agreement is signed by client and attorney, we cannot represent you and will take no action on your behalf.
Contact by e-mail, text message, instant message, or other written forms of communication do not create an attorney-client relationship. We enable the public to e-mail or instant message as a convenient way for the inquisitive public to contact us about non-confidential matters. If you contact the firm by e-mail, instant message, or other forms of written communication via the Internet regarding a matter in which the firm does not represent you, any information you communicate may not be treated as privileged or confidential because contact by e-mail, instant message, or other forms of written communication via the Internet does not create an attorney-client relationship. That means we can disclose it to anyone, especially parties that we may be representing that are adverse to you. If you would like to retain the services of our firm, please feel free to call or e-mail us to inquire how, just remember: contact by e-mail does not create an attorney-client relationship. (You should always mention the name of an adverse party first, before you divulge ANY facts to us since contact by e-mail does not create an attorney-client relationship.)
9. Communication over the Internet is not confidential, privileged, or secure. Do not disclose confidential information through communications via the Internet. Remember that communication over the Internet is insecure. This means that e-mail, instant message, chat, or other forms of communication via Internet could be intercepted by third parties (opposing parties and those associated with them, nosy neighbors or coworkers, etc.) Therefore, messages sent to our firm or any of its employees via the Internet should not contain sensitive or confidential information unless the messages are adequately encrypted.
10. We are not responsible for content of sites listed on our Links pages. Visit them at your own risk. As a convenience to website visitors, this website may provide links to other websites. Where we provide links from or to third-party sites we do so for convenience and information purposes only. We do not review, endorse, approve or control, and are not responsible for any sites linked from or to the Website, the content of those sites, the third parties associated therewith, or their products, resources or services. We will not be responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking, and we accept no liability nor make any endorsement or approval of the same. We provide links to aid in the search for other information of interest and do not represent that Utah Family Law, LC, is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, or seal. We do not update, maintain, or have professional affiliations with linked pages. Therefore, we have no control over what the linked sites contain, and take no responsibility for their content. Use them at your own risk. The materials on this web site may not reflect the most current legal developments. This web site is only updated when Utah Family Law, LC changes the literature and/or contact information associated with itself. Although we make an effort to keep things current, there is no guarantee that the links provided are correct, complete, up-to-date, or at all useful.
11. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Any testimonial or endorsement expressed or implied in this website does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.
12. Eric K. Johnson is licensed to practice law in the state of Utah and is not licensed to practice law in any other jurisdiction unless specifically noted. All information given by an employee of Eric K. Johnson and/or an attorney through this internet site or through e-mail communication to a non-client is not privileged or confidential, nor is it legal advice. Please consult your own attorney or tax professional before proceeding with anything mentioned on these pages or in e-mail communication.
13. Any forms provided on this web site are provided “AS IS” for informational purposes only and should not be used without consulting legal counsel. Eric K. Johnson and/or the attorneys is/are not intending to give legal advice by making these materials available. Legal advice would require an intimate knowledge of a person’s individual circumstances, and a tailoring of that legal knowledge to those circumstances. Such general materials are offered free of charge, and although it is hoped they will be useful to you, they are not to be relied upon in their own right and in isolation; if you want specific legal advice, you should pay and consult a lawyer.
14. IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE/ DISCLAIMER. To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that, unless specifically indicated otherwise, any tax advicein this website (or any link from it) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any tax-related matter addressed herein.
15. Note: Utah does not certify or designate lawyers’ as specialists in areas of practice. Listing of practice areas herein does not constitute or imply a representation of certification of specialization.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Contact Us: Utah Family Law, LC
2084 Crystal Avenue
Salt Lake City, Utah 84109-1705
Tel. No.: 801-450-0183
16. SITE CONTENT. You accept that the Website is provided on an “as is, as available” basis.
17. The materials included in the Website are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. They are not intended to be a substitute for obtaining legal advice from legal counsel. All articles and material displayed by us on the website are for information only, are no substitute for specific advice, and are in no manner to be considered legal advice or other licensed professional advice or a substitute therefor. For specific legal advice regarding your particular circumstances, you must retain legal counsel. Utah Family Law, LC does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed or distributed through the Website. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such materials, opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk. Utah Family Law, LC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Website.
18.The Website and its contents are intended solely for the use of Utah Family Law, LC Users and may only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All materials displayed or performed on the Website (including, but not limited to text, graphics, news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the “Content”) are protected by copyright. User shall abide by all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
19.The Website is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. User may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works based on, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, software, materials, or services in whole or in part.
20. The Website is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. All materials contained on the Website are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by Utah Family Law, LC or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You will abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content on the Website. Permission is given to view the material on these web pages and save that material only for your personal reference. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal, private, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Utah Family Law, LC, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content’s copyright notice.
21. Subject to the above, you may not modify, copy, distribute, republish or upload any of the material on the Website in any way unless you obtain the prior written consent of Utah Family Law, LC. No intellectual property or other rights shall be transferred to you through your use of the Website. We are not able to confirm that the content of the Website is correct in every case. Utah Family Law, LC reserves the right to make changes to the Website, including the availability of any feature, database, Content, Web page materials, product information and prices on the Website at any time without notice or liability. Utah Family Law, LC may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or the entire Website without notice or liability.
22. To the extent that any portions of the Website (such as “chat rooms” or “bulletin boards”) provide users an opportunity to post and exchange information, ideas or opinions (”postings”), be advised that we do not screen, edit, or review postings prior to their appearance on this website, and postings do not necessarily reflect our views. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we exclude all responsibility and liability for the postings or for any losses or expenses resulting from their use and/or appearance on the Website.
23. CONTRIBUTIONS TO WEBSITE BY USER. User acknowledges and agrees that if User contributes Content to the Website, such Content shall become Utah Family Law, LC property and User hereby assigns all rights, title and interests in and to such contributions to Utah Family Law, LC. To the extent allowed by law, the foregoing includes all rights of paternity, integrity, disclosure and withdrawal and any other rights that may be known as or referred to as “Moral Rights.” To the extent User retains any such Moral Rights under applicable law, User hereby ratifies and consents to any action that may be taken with respect to such moral rights by Utah Family Law, LC and agrees not to assert any Moral Rights with respect thereto. User warrants, represents and agrees that it will not contribute any Content that is infringing, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party. Utah Family Law, LC reserves the right to remove any Content from the Website at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if Utah Family Law, LC is concerned that User may have breached the immediately preceding sentence), or for no reason at all.
24. You represent, warrant and covenant that: (a) you shall not upload, post or transmit to or distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any materials which (i) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website, (ii) are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, (iii) constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate law, (iv) violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right, (v) contain a virus or other harmful component, (vi) contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature, (vii) contain advertising of any kind, or (viii) constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact; and (b) that you are at least eighteen (18) years old.
28. RESTRICTIONS. User is responsible for all of its activity in connection with the use and access of the Website. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of User’s right to access and/or use the Website. User may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Utah Family Law, LC Client.
30. Use of the Website or Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including that are deemed threatening or obscene, or engage in any kind of illegal activity is expressly prohibited. User will not run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or “spam” on the Website, or any processes that run(s) or is/are activated while the User is not logged in.
31. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. Utah Family Law, LC has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to User. User acknowledges that Utah Family Law, LC has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Website; what Content User accesses via the Website; what effects the Content may have on User; how User may interpret or use the Content; or what actions User may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. User releases Utah Family Law, LC from all liability for User having acquired or not acquired Content through the Website. The Website may contain, or direct User to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Utah Family Law, LC makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Website, and Utah Family Law, LC will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Website. THE SERVICES, CONTENT, SITE AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
32. The site, including all content, software, functions, materials and information made available on or accessed through the site, is provided “as is, as available.” To the fullest extent permissible by law. Utah Family Law, LC makes no representation or warranties of any kind whatsoever for the content on the site or the materials, information and functions made accessible by the software used on or accessed through the site, for any products or services or hypertext links to third parties or for any breach of security associated with the transmission of sensitive information through the site or any linked site. Further, Utah Family Law, LC disclaims any express or implied warranties, including, without limitation, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Utah Family Law, LC does not warrant that the functions contained in the site or any materials or content contained therein will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components.
33. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Utah Family Law, LC shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Utah Family Law, LC’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including “line-noise” interference). Utah Family Law, LC shall not be liable for the use of the site, including, without limitation, the content and any errors contained therein. Further, in no event will Utah Family Law, LC be liable for any loss of profits, business, use of data or for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind whether based in contract, negligence or other tort. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we on behalf of our employees, agents, suppliers, and contractors, disclaim and exclude liability for any losses and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of this the site or any web site with which it is linked. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back-up, virus checking, and other security measures as you consider necessary.
34. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS PRIVACY ACT NOTICE (18USC 2701-2711): UTAH FAMILY LAW, LC MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO THE WEBSITE. Utah Family Law, LC will not be liable for the privacy of e-mail addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on Utah Family Law, LC’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Website, or otherwise connected with User’s use of the Services.
35. REGISTRATION AND SECURITY. As a condition to using the Website or certain features of the Website, User may be required to register with Utah Family Law, LC and select a password and User name (“Utah Family Law, LC User ID”). User shall provide Utah Family Law, LC with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of the registration and security agreement, which may result in immediate termination of User’s registration. User may not: (i) select or use as a User ID a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or, (ii) use as a User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than User without appropriate authorization. Utah Family Law, LC reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a User ID in its discretion. User shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of User’s user name and password.
40. In jurisdictions where this Website fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state, Utah Family Law, LC does not offer its services to residents, domiciliaries, or other entities subject to the laws and ethical rules of such jurisdictions.
Information found on this web site is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on specific facts or circumstances. You should consult an experienced attorney concerning your particular factual situation and any specific legal questions you may have. No attorney-client relationship is created merely through the exchange of information via this web site or via email. Neither Eric K. Johnson, nor any of its attorneys will undertake representation of a client without the client first signing a written retainer and representation agreement.
Eric K. Johnson is licensed to practice law in the state of Utah and is not licensed to practice law in any other jurisdiction unless specifically noted. All information given by an employee of Eric K. Johnson and/or an attorney through this internet site or through e-mail communication to a non-client is not privileged or confidential, nor is it legal advice. Please consult your own attorney or tax professional before proceeding with anything mentioned on these pages or in e-mail communication.
All forms provided on this web site are provided “AS IS” for informational purposes only and should not be used without consulting legal counsel. Eric K. Johnson and/or the attorneys is/are not intending to give legal advice by making these materials available. Legal advice would require an intimate knowledge of a person’s individual circumstances, and a tailoring of that legal knowledge to those circumstances. Such general materials are offered free of charge, and although it is hoped they will be useful to you, they are not to be relied upon in their own right and in isolation; if you want specific legal advice, you should pay and consult a lawyer.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLAIMER: Pursuant to Treasury guidelines, any tax advice contained in this website (or any link from it) does not constitute a formal opinion. Accordingly, any tax advice contained in this website (or any link from it) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be asserted by the Internal Revenue Service. You should seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.