- Uncontested divorce, in which the parties have already agreed to the terms of their divorce: $1,500, which includes the cost of the filing fees.
- New clients or newly filed case for existing client: $5,000 deposit/retainer. This is a refundable retainer, in that once the case is disposed of or representation terminates, the firm refunds to the client any unearned portion of the retainer.
- Eric Johnson’s billing rate is $250 per hour
- The associate attorneys bill $165 per hour and $150, depending on experience and skill level
- Law clerks are billed out at $75 per hour
Protective Order defense
$2,500 retainer to respond to the request for protective order and to appear at the hearing. Any unearned portion of the retainer remaining after the hearing will be refunded to the client, or the client can deposit another $2,500 to continue with an objection to the commissioner’s recommendations, if the protective order is granted (and it usually is), but the client wishes to object and have the matter reviewed by the judge.
We are offering an increasing selection of flat fee pricing, but have not, at this point, created a “standard” flat fee schedule. If you are interested in a flat fee arrangement, we are happy to explain it and discuss it with you.
Paying in installments
We used to allow clients to make installment payments when we were young and stupid, but virtually none of the clients ever kept their promises to pay in full. We cannot repossess services. We lost our shirts on installment payments, so we just don’t offer financing anymore. Ever.