Some people are hesitant, even scared, to talk to a divorce lawyer or a family lawyer. But being nervous or afraid of making a mistake is normal. And wise. Hiring lawyers requires you to be careful.
Do any of these reasons apply to you?:
- Do I really need a lawyer now?
- Can I wait?
- Will hiring a lawyer actually solve my problem?
- Can I handle this myself?
- Is this the right attorney for the job? How do I know he can handle this?
- Does he have a lower-priced service than what he advertises?
- Are there any additional charges? Hidden expenses?
- Do I have to pay by the hour? Does he offer a flat fee?
- Can I negotiate the fee?
- Should I talk to [someone] first?
- Should I do [something else] first?
- Is there a different legal service that would be good enough?
- Can I trust this lawyer? Will he overcharge me? Cheat me? Let me down?
- Do I need all of these services at once or can I get started with one or two?
- Am I making a mistake?
- What will [someone else] think about my decision?
- Should I get a second opinion?
- What if X happens? Will I have to come back and pay more?
- What if this lawyer does a bad job? Do I have any recourse?
- Will this become public knowledge?
These are all excellent questions. And you probably want to ask most, if not all, of them. I am prepared to clearly (and honestly!) answer any question of yours. Even if that means that the answers to your questions add up to: no, you don’t need my help or “We aren’t a good fit.”
Let’s meet over lunch and discuss your questions and concerns. 801-466-9277, or click here to schedule online.
Utah Family Law, LC | divorceutah.com | 801-466-9277