I am a divorce lawyer, but I am not divorced and never have been. Good willing, I never will have cause to be divorced.
I have always believed in marriage. There is no better way for men and women and children to start, go through, and end their lives happy and satisfied than within marriage and family.
So how has my career in divorce law (as of this writing it’s been 21 years) affected my views of marriage?
- It has increased my appreciation for it and led me, as it has so many others, to conclude that:
- a marriage, like a chain, is a strong as its weakest link.
- it takes the best efforts of both spouses to make a happy, strong, resilient marriage.
- marriage is a cause bigger than yourself.
- while the “leading cause of divorce is marriage,” too many who divorce realize after the fact that the marriage wasn’t the problem and that (not surprisingly) dumping the marriage didn’t solve the problem.
Utah Family Law, LC | divorceutah.com | 801-466-9277