How can I get my high-conflict ex to violate any terms of our court order?

How can I get my high-conflict ex to violate any terms of our court order? He operates within the confines of the legal language, but harasses and torments me at every opportunity. I have no recourse because he hasn’t broken any law, technically.

OK, I think I understand what you’re asking and why. I don’t think you’re saying that you want to entrap your ex into violating your divorce decree orders when your ex has no intention of violating them.

I believe that you are frustrated with how your ex is making you miserable without having violated the decree of divorce or otherwise appearing to you to have done anything illegal for which he can be held accountable.

The good news is that if your ex is chronically tormenting you, he probably is violating at least one law and or doing something for which the law has a remedy for you.

Go talk to the police or to the prosecuting attorney in your city or county.

Let me give you a few examples from the jurisdiction where I practice divorce and family law:

Temporary Restraining Orders

Utah Rules of Civil Procedure Rule 65A. Injunctions

Electronic communication harassment

Utah Code § 76-9-201. Electronic communication harassment — Definitions — Penalties

Civil Stalking

Utah Code § 77-3a-101. Civil stalking injunction — Petition — Ex parte injunction

Criminal Stalking

Utah Code § 76-5-106.5. Stalking — Definitions — Injunction — Penalties — Duties of law enforcement officer

Utah Family Law, LC | | 801-466-9277

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Click to listen highlighted text!