What are suggestions for modifying child custody for an alternating weekend schedule if Monday drop-offs are removed and weekdays are not an option?
Is this a trick question? Correct me if I am mistaken, but if the requirements and restrictions are:
- an alternating weekend custody schedule;
- that does not permit Monday drop-offs or exchanges of the children; and
- the children cannot be in the parent’s custody on any weekdays,
then it appears to me that the only options are:
- custody time with that parent commencing on Saturday, with the pick-up/drop- off occurring on Saturday;
- custody time with that parent concluding on Sunday, with the pick-up/drop- off occurring on Sunday; and
- perhaps a provision that if a weekend includes a Friday or Monday when the kids aren’t in school, then the parents consider “the weekend” to include those holiday days as part of the weekend.
Utah Family Law, LC | divorceutah.com | 801-466-9277