Do I have to publish name change in newspaper in Utah?

No, Utah law governing name change does not require you to publish in the newspaper your new name or the fact that you have changed your name. What happens in Utah is that you prepare your petition for name change, file it with the court, appear at a hearing before the court on your petition, and, if your petition is granted, your name is then officially and lawfully changed. You are not required to take any further steps. 

Utah Family Law, LC | | 801-466-9277  

Tags: , , ,
Click to listen highlighted text!