Even most of the lawyers who don’t quit the practice of law can barely stand it.
I have met some lawyers who claim that their jobs are not stressful. These kinds of lawyers are usually one or more of the following:
- apathetic (‘can’t be stressed when you just don’t care);
- incompetent (while I concede that incompetence can also result in more stress, the point is that sometimes an incompetent attorney is incompetent by being blissfully unaware of what’s going on);
- not really practicing law but:
- managing a stable of associate attorneys who do all the stressful work; thus, such an arrangement is not terribly stressful because the stress has been delegated/contracted out; or
- not working enough to be stressed, meaning not working enough to make a living.
Utah Family Law, LC | divorceutah.com | 801-466-9277