Every aspect of divorce. Every single one.
Two cannot live separately and divorced for less than they did together.
Litigation is mind-bogglingly expensive and protracted.
Even an uncontested divorce can result in tremendous expenditures incurred to get divorced, a substantial loss of one’s net worth as a result of the division of the marital estate, and years of future financial obligations in the form of child support and alimony.
- Clients are often shocked by the cost of the court filing fee
- Clients are often shocked by the cost of service of process
- Clients are often shocked by how much of their time a divorce action take up. It can feel like it takes up or even actually takes up as much time as a second job
- Clients are often shocked by the emotional toll divorce takes
- Clients are often shocked by the cost of attorney’s fees
- Clients are often shocked by the cost of expert consultants
- Clients are often shocked by the cost of the child custody evaluator (which is doubly shocking because child custody evaluations are such an obscene waste of time, money, and effort, given their comparatively minimal probative value)
- Clients are often shocked by how much child support they will pay or how little child support they will receive.
- Clients are often shocked by both 1) how much alimony they will pay or how little alimony they will receive, and 2) for how long
- Clients are often shocked to learn that their pensions and retirement savings accrued or acquired during the marriage are divided equally with their spouses when they believed that they would get to keep all of the pension and retirement funds in their own individual name for themselves.
- Clients are often shocked to learn that their house is not worth nearly as much as they thought
- fathers are often shocked to learn that there is an undeniable bias against them when it comes to making the child custody award.
Utah Family Law, LC | divorceutah.com | 801-466-9277