How do you change the name on a deed after a divorce?

In Utah (where I practice divorce and family law), there is more than one way to transfer title to the marital home (assuming the parties own a home), but the most common and conventional way is the same way title to real property is transferred between any two parties: by deed. If a couple jointly owns their home and it gets awarded to one spouse alone in the divorce, then the spouse who was not awarded the house prepares (or has prepared for him/her) a deed that transfers his/her interest in the real property to the spouse who was awarded the house in the divorce action. 

Utah Family Law, LC | | 801-466-9277  

Tags: , , , , , , ,
Click to listen highlighted text!