I Have a Court Date Coming Up, but I Don’t Speak English (Or Don’t Speak or Understand It Well). What Can I Do?

Did you know that if you are not fluent in English and have a court date coming up, the court will provide you with an interpreter IF you make the request timely and through the proper procedure?

To ensure you get an interpreter on time, you must request a court interpreter on time, meaning at least 3 days before the proceeding, or the proceeding may have to be postponed. You can request a court interpreter either by calling the clerk of the court that is assigned your case or by filing a “Request a Court Interpreter” form with that court. You can obtain the form through this website:  Request a Court Interpreter (

Utah Family Law, LC | | 801-466-9277

Tags: , , , ,
Click to listen highlighted text!